The DC Beekeepers are supported and enriched by nearby and national beekeeping communities. Our neighbors are wise and generous with useful observations and insights that help us understand what happens downtown. Many groups also offer beginner, intermediate, and advanced courses, as well as monthly speakers and newsletters. Check them out!
Just remember, the closer the organization is to your special spot on the planet, the more information they can offer you about beekeeping there. Make sure to pay special attention to the advice of fellow residents of the MidAtlantic Region.
Local Beekeeping Clubs
- BeeInformed Partnership at UMD, beeinformed.org
- MAAREC - Mid-Atlantic Apiculture Research and Extension Consortium, agdev.anr.udel.edu/maarec/
- BeeSource Beekeeping Forums, www.beesource.com/forums/
- Beltsville Bee Research Laboratory, www.ars.usda.gov/main/site_main.htm?modecode=12-45-33-00
- Eastern Apicultural Society, www.easternapiculture.org
- North American Pollination Protection Campaign, pollinator.org
- National Honey Board, www.honey.com
- American Beekeeping Federation, www.abfnet.org
- The Honeybee Conservancy, thehoneybeeconservancy.org
- Center for Food Safety: Bee Protective Campaign, www.centerforfoodsafety.org/issues/304/pollinators-and-pesticides/join-the-bee-protective-campaign
- Ohio State Bee Lab Webinars, beelab.osu.edu/t08_pageview/Workshops_and_Webinars.htm
- Observation Hives (local!), thebeepeeker.com